Saturday, March 10, 2018

nobility in small things

I finished my ankle warmers the other day by just joining the edges to make a tube. I thought they'd be too narrow, so I planned to knit inserts in them with extra solid colored yarn, like a stripe on each. But as I fussed over them I realized they would easily fit without stretching too much without bothering to knit any stripes. So. They are made with Adriafil Bi-Use, a most unromantic name for yarn, especially an Italian one, don't you think?


So hard to get a good picture, but I can still join Ginny's yarnalong.

I've been reading A Mind at Peace: Reclaiming an Ordered Soul in the Age of Distraction, by Christopher O. Blum and Joshua P. Hochschild.

The challenge of Christian life is to find nobility even in small things. We should not need trumpets sounding, red carpets under our feet, or laurels on our heads to remember our dignity and the higher purpose we are called to serve. ..In this sense, even one of the lowliest station can live a noble life.

                                      -   from  A Mind at Peace

2 comments:

  1. Oh...they are so cute!!!

    And the book sounds intriguing. Will see if the library has it.

    I am reading The Wisdom of Not Knowing: Discovering a Life of Wonder by Embracing Uncertainty by Estelle Frankel. Very interesting so far. xx

    ReplyDelete