Saturday, February 14, 2015

a cat-shaped patch

The sheets covering the living room furniture have tears in them - mostly from Cindy - and the mending I did just made things worse. If you can't mend something invisibly, then I think it's better to be very obvious. So, with this wabi-sabi idea in mind, I made some patches and zigzagged them on. Of course one is a cat shape. The rest are rectangles.


I had to zigzag from the back, and hopefully can make the stitching into a design at some  point.

These at least have personality - next time, perhaps a sleeping cat shape!


8 comments:

  1. How cute. I love your cat patch!

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I figure, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :D

      Delete
  2. I love the idea!! My youngest son has a tear on the knee of a new pair of trousers, perhaps a very visible patch might be fun :)! Sweet puss, love the way they snooze in a ball. Melvin looks just like a prawn when curled up :). Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A prawn! Now, there's an interesting comparison. :D

      Delete
  3. Wabi-sabi! I like this a lot. I have a similar mending philosophy. I bought rainbow variegated thread specifically for this purpose. If the stitches will show I will make it a shape or a word (a heart, or "dance," for example) and have it be in pretty rainbow colors. I like your cat patch a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the colored thread - a good idea! I assume you're an embroiderer.

      Delete
  4. I have played around with it some, but I wouldn't say it is one of my top of my list. Lately, all I want to do it play with my sewing machine! I just started playing around with scrap quilting. I KNEW I was saving all these scraps for years for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And as long as they're not overtaking your house. :)

      Delete