Wednesday, April 17, 2013

with the sum of all our years

God of myst'ry, God of mercy,
God of glory, hid in light:
Let your face shine on your people
Where we dwell in dark of night.
Part the clouds that keep us from you,
Rend the heavens and come down,
Show your love at work among us,
Let us sing your great renown.

God of daylight and of darkness,
God of heaven, God of earth:
You are Lord of all our living,
Yours our tears and yours our mirth.
Hold us in the hands that made us,
Cradle all our hopes and fears,
Let us praise and give you glory
With the sum of all our years.

- Magnificat,  April 2013

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm here via Colette. You have a lovely blog - I am looking forward to reading more of your past posts. I'm a sewer, knitter etc, cat lover and Christian. I love Henri Nouwen's writing, though I'm protestant. I am reading 'Turn My Mourning Into Dancing' at the moment.

    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny, and welcome! I hadn't heard of that book by him, but he wrote so many - all good, I'm sure! (if you continue reading here, you'll find that I don't sew or knit that great, but I keep going!)

      Delete