Saturday, November 17, 2012

invisible zipper by hand

a nice thing about invisibles is that they don't show and you don't need to match them exactly


I got some velveteen for a skirt and thought an invisible zipper would be a better choice. But then realized that my new Janome didn't come with the proper foot and I need a Janome foot - of course. I could wait until I get one, or I could put it in by hand.  So far I've ripped it out twice.

Surely I'll get it in there and it will be a simple matter. Right?

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is such a fine one, Lisa, and I am far behind in my visiting.:(

    I never used an invisible zipper in the days I was sewing, so I'm no help. In fact, my machine is still the same one from 1970!

    I hope you are having a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie - I did it! But I still have to do the rest of the seam.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to insert an invisible zipper, too, but I'm sure there must be some tutorials online... I'm going to need it soon!
    And yes to the (non-)matching. I'm thinking of matching the invisible zipper from my purple skirt to a white fabric with green polkadots... the purple would make a nice hidden counterpoint to that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzVLRsoOVzY

      Hana, the above video looked very simple to me, but I don't have a foot like that on my Janome.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear I can remember trying to put zips in clothes many years ago. I have since given up trying, lol. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the final outcome!

    ReplyDelete