Thursday, July 19, 2012

a fish dinner and a new dress (almost)

I've been slowly working my way through a dress, and it's nearly finished. Hopefully I won't mess up the placket - not sure I've ever done one.


It's a tiny pink and white check I got a great deal on. And {pretty}.


Sunday, I made a fish dinner which was super fast and easy. It's from Nigella Express, which I've owned for a while but haven't used much yet.

If you like fish -
Smoked Cod and Cannellini

You put 12 oz. of smoked cod* in a skillet along with a stalk of celery, sprig of parsley, some peppercorns, two bay leaves, a third cup of white wine and a cup and a third of water. Poach the fish in this liquid till done - and it doesn't take long; three to five minutes.  

Remove the fish and keep warm somewhere, pouring out some of the liquid and getting rid of the "pieces". Into the pan, put two cans of cannellini beans which have been rinsed and drained and warm them in the liquid. When they're warmed up sufficiently, re-add the fish, breaking it up and mixing it all  together. Add 2 T. olive oil to it and some more parsley. Also chives, if you wish. 

*I didn't have smoked cod, so I just used regular - I'm not keen on smoked things, anyway.  This recipe was filling when served with a couple of vegetables, and tasty. It didn't heat up the house during the oppressive temps we were having. This is a keeper!!  {real}ly good.
(and I almost forgot to say that it's even better cold, when left over.)




round button chicken Thank you, Leila.

2 comments: