Monday, May 21, 2012

sweetness on the air

My red grandiflora started blooming last week, and the rugosa is blooming now too. But it's that invasive wild rose that's perfuming the air.


It's in the forsythia hedge - it's everywhere.  My brother redid the clothesline which was messed up from the October storm, but I can't wheel anything very far along the line because there's a big prickly bush of it right there. And I'm not cutting it till the blooms are done.


On another note, I was ironing in the living room late this morning, my brother out mowing across the brook.
I heard the motor cut off. A minute or so later, his voice,  "Hurry - come 'ere!"  You know, that urgent but trying to be quiet sound. "There's a deer in our yard!"  I looked out and there she was, big as life and five times as beautiful. I ran to get my camera and ran back in time to see her go into our neighbor's yard and disappear back up to where she came. No picture. What a sight! They're around town, but not in our yard!  Ah, well.


My chive picture will have to do.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the beautiful visitor. We, like you, have deer around but not usually in OUR yard. A few years ago we were out early setting up for a yard sale and a deer came walking around the corner of our yard. We live right on the main street through town! Breathtaking.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete