Thursday, May 3, 2012

pea soup, compost and a breakfast companion

Joining Leila today for {p,h,f,r} -

and I'm very happy because my kitchen scraps will no longer go to waste


we're composting!


Dolly is pretty funny - when anyone's eating, she also wants to be companionable, and have a bite of something, too.  What isn't funny, is that somebody threw up afterward, and I think it was her!

Although it's May, it's been really chilly, and so today is definitely a pea soup day.






round button chickenThanks to Leila.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to disagree with you, Lisa. But there is never a day that is a pea soup day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know pea soup is disliked by many!

      Delete
  2. Victoria Magazine!!!! That's it....I'm subscribing on my iPad. Oh, and I love your cats.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first contribution to the compost is very satisfying, I was lucky to get a bag of sheep manure at the local markets and now have the 3 layers happening properly, I also add some Big leaf herb every week (name escapes me for the moment) but it grows near the bin and is easy to pull off a handful and throw it in.
    Pea soup Blaaagh... but if you add a Ham hock, it will become a favourite.

    ReplyDelete