Sunday, March 18, 2012

Psalm 137

we read this at Mass today -


By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat and wept when we remembered Zion.
On the willows of that land we hung up our harps.
For there, they who captured us requested songs of us,
and they who tormented us, mirth: "Sing to us from the songs of Zion!"

How shall we sing a song of the Lord in a strange land?
If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand be forgotten!
Let my tongue cleave to my palate, if I remember thee not,
if I place not Jerusalem above all my joy.

Bear in mind, O Lord, the day of Jerusalem against the children of Edom,
who said, "Throw down, throw down the very foundations thereof!"
O daughter of Babylon, thou destroyer, blessed is he who shall repay thee
the evils thou hast brought upon us!
Blessed is he who shall seize and dash thy little ones against the rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment