Thursday, March 29, 2012

bargain {p,h,f,r}

I'd emptied my bottle of rosemary, and went into the pantry closet to get more.  

This gives me a nostagic feeling - it came from a locally owned supermarket which went out of business because a chain market had moved next door. Of course, I like the bigger selections in a larger store, but small stores can surprise you sometimes. They had these large plastic jars of herbs so cheap, and excellent quality. 

No more.

real good, real cheap, really gone


I was very happy to find one of those brussels sprout stalks for only a dollar in the reduced produce the other day! Have you seen how expensive they are?


Cooking them up last Sunday, I decided to add some grape tomatoes, also from the reduced section.  I made a shrimp and cherry tomato recipe once, and liked it. The grape tomatoes have tougher skins, but with a little salt and some herbs it was pretty good.  And cost a dollar fifty eight cents.


More pretty yellow outside.









round button chicken Thanks to Rosie and Leila.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that forsythia! Thank you for bringing spring right to me this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to look at your blog, but couldn't get in.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely dish.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining with your yellow goodness!

    ReplyDelete