Saturday, March 24, 2012

apron from a blanket

My mother had a blanket - I'm sure from a thrift store - so pretty; it was one of those cotton thermal-weave affairs, but with a watercolor-type design of large pink roses. One day she called me in to her room - there was a big hole in it; she told me to throw it out. But I couldn't. I cut the hole out of it and saved the rectangular pieces. For ages.

Then one day, I made an apron out of one rectangle.


You can see it's old; but it's still good for an apron - cotton is always good.

 I made another and gave it to a friend. I still have two or three pieces, in my to-do pile. One of my to-do piles.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't throw it away Lisa, it is lovely.Hope you can think up something equally lovely for the other pieces.
    Tracy
    P.S. I have been missing visiting you while I have been away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those watercolor roses. I wouldn't have thrown it out either.:) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how you would not throw it away. Beautiful things we get used to in our homes are hard to throw away, and this one is definitely one of them!
    And in combination with that pink fabric, it makes a lovely apron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely apron, Lisa! How good that you didn't throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "one of my to-do piles."

    Love that! I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the apron. i'm glad you didn't throw out that blanket.

    ReplyDelete