Thursday, January 5, 2012

Twelfth Night {p,h,f,r}


I was trying to photograph the Christmas tree's reflection in the glass of a  painting and it came out {pretty}, I think!

{Pretty} was also Dolly on the New Year's table, posing with a {pretty} box of cookies from one of my brother's customers.


And, unbelievably beautiful was this evening's sunset on the backyard trees and everything out there; but I couldn't quite capture it, even though I took so many pictures.  It was gold-er and less orange than this  -  the cloudy sky was that deep dark blue which clouds sometimes get against the sun


but which I cannot seem to get -  It was fabulous, though!



Tonight is Twelfth Night - I put the shepherds away and got out the Three Kings.  And I made a star for the tree. A Star of David, which seemed like the right kind of star to put up there, considering.

It's a very simple affair, which is about all I'm capable of doing, made from the same fabric I made the garland from; with unfinished edges sandwiched together with batting between and quilted with two strands of red embroidery floss.  Very basic.




You can see how homemade it looks.  I trimmed it a bit after stitching, to neaten it up.  Then I stuck a skewer up into it, and strapped it to the tree with gold cord.

I'm {happy} it's done. I have to assume the kings are, too. They needed the star to find their way, didn't they?


It looks good up there - I like it!  A star, finally!




round button chicken


Thank you, Leila. Happy New Year to everyone!

7 comments:

  1. That sunset is so beautiful!! I can imagine how much better it must have been in "real life," as it seems to be the way when trying to catch those elusive qualities of light on camera. I also like your star :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, Lisa. We will be storing our Nativity sets away for another year today.
    Have a happy Saturday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous photo of the sunset and trees. The colors are amazing. I know how it is to not be able to get something on the camera that does justice to the way it "really" looks. I think that the picture actually looks somewhat like a painting because of the intensity of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your homemade star! It's so charming - I love visible handstitching like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies. Margo, I thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete