Sunday, November 6, 2011

a {real} long cold messy week

Finally, I'm joining with Rosie (and Leila, who's still out of power, I guess) for {pretty, happy, funny, real}; I'm grateful they keep this open through Sunday every week.

I went outside to try and photograph the piles of brush in front of everyone's homes, waiting for pickup. I found a {pretty}


these lovely fir tree cones.  I don't know my firs - I don't think they're pine cones, though.

During the heavy snows of last weekend, my brother's creation got a big limb dropped on top of it


but we're {happy} because he got it off of there, and the shed isn't damaged.

I don't have a {funny} - if I knew a good joke, this would be the place to tell it, but I don't know too many jokes.  And there is nothing funny about this storm and its aftermath.

The {real} -


and this was the best I could do. It's not so easy to capture how it really appears to see these long stretches of brush all along the roadside.  I'm not so good at taking pictures in bright sun - can't really see what I've done till I'm inside!

If I take any more, I'll add them.  Thanks, Rosie!  Hoping to hear from your mother soon, too.




round button chicken


* our front yard - and I expect it to increase!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about the limb--but that snow is breathtaking! Us southerns still feel like we are in summer; so nice that you all actually have seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like this week was tough with the snow--thankful your brother's shed was alright. It is beautiful with the snow, though. Thanks for finding some pretty,happy,funny,real even after an unexpected storm. I love that you found something pretty in the midst of the brush and debris. Hope this week brings lots of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried taking pictures of all of the downed limbs on our street right after the storm, and you are right: a photo just can't capture how awful it is in person.

    Your brother's shed is *beautiful*--I'm so glad that it wasn't damaged.

    Those evergreen boughs and cones really are a pretty sight. Finding beauty in the midst of difficulty is always so healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the evergreen boughs and cones, too! but i'm not quite ready for the winter season...glad most of it's melted away =]

    ReplyDelete