Thursday, September 29, 2011

cheap thrills



I'm {happy} this week, because I found a {pretty} stripe in my stash which blends well with this cheap quilt I'm finishing up.




The quilt top is rather thin - and the backing is also on the thinner side, so it was strange using nice new fabric for the binding, but the colors match well.  I dare say when the quilt wears out, I can rip it off and use it for something else!


I especially like it from the back.



round button chicken

Thanks to Bridget and Leila - a real quilter!

11 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to learn how to quilt. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! Can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should just try it, Misty - I made so many "messes" with this - I'll have to post a "tell-all" when I'm done with it. If I can do it, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like you're a real quilter yourself. I'm not sure I buy the "if I can do it, you can, too"--I really can't do some of this stuff. I think it's great that you clearly can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, nonononono - I'm learning, believe me - wait for the post where I show all the mess-ups.

    I only know how to take somewhat interesting pictures of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Lisa.

    I bet the end result will be wonderful.

    You are so talented.

    Take care and hope that you have a lovely happy weekend with your lovely Dolly!


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color/prints combos!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the stripes and the check together. very pretty, lisa!

    ReplyDelete