Friday, August 12, 2011

made another pizza


This one had a better flavor - I'm improving.   But I'm not there yet.

The crust isn't thin enough, and I stretched it as much as I dared. Today I looked up thin crust pizza recipes and came across something which said that if you let it rise the crust gets thicker. Well, that makes sense, I suppose!  I've been using Frances Mayes' recipe ("Under the Tuscan Sun", page 128), and she lets it rest for half an hour. So, I'll stop that and see what happens.   I also think I'll increase the salt a bit. And slowly add some rye flour, a tablespoon at a time, maybe. I would prefer the whole grain, but am not entirely crazy about whole wheat all the time.

Lento, lento.  Pazienza.

5 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me want to have a slice of pizza! Too bad its so late ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to read that book! We make pizza a lot and I always let it rise. A splash of olive oil helps me to stretch it just a bit further too, but not added until after rising and sort brushed over top of the dough, not kneaded in.
    A love a salty crust and just like you always add a bit extra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to take your word for it, (that it's not perfect) because it looks amazing!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you grill it? It looks amazingly delicious =]

    ReplyDelete