Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ornamental cherry in bloom

It was warm and summery today, and the flowering trees suddenly came alive. I highly recommend the ornamental cherry tree - it grows briskly, and the new leaves are an orange-y green color.   Didn't know that color before, did you?


Tomorrow we're having rain - these little rosettes are so short lived, I thought I'd better take some pictures, even though it wasn't sunny at the time.


I hope it isn't a heavy rain. I'd like to see them last a bit.

7 comments:

  1. I love your photos! Interesting angles of gorgeous blossoms... I want your tree!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a nice tree to have, Debbie. It seems to grow a couple of feet a year, so we enjoy more and more of these blossoms each time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blossoms. I really enjoy the blooms this time of year. Thanks for such lovely photos! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, just lovely blossoms - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these too. Pretty photos, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are pretty, Lisa! I hope you are still able to enjoy them after the rain has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everybody - yes, they're fine, Carmen; I was overly anxious, I think!

    ReplyDelete