Friday, January 21, 2011

bulky legwarmers: one down


In trying to use up yarn, I've been knitting legwarmers - Joelle Hoverson's design from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, which we have at the library. Below is the picture from her book.


Mine is 2 inches, I think, shorter than hers, in worsted weight yarn, but it's oh, so chunky and warm! I did it with a straight needle, not having the circulars in the required size, and I just finished sewing the seam on it.

I'll weave in the loose end, and start on the other one.

7 comments:

  1. They look great! The perfect thing to wear under skirts at home when it's cold - which, in my home, usually means the transition period in autumn and spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So - you mean that your heat is on in the winter, so you don't need them then. But, shut of in spring and fall, so it's cold in the house at those times?

    We're having a spell of daytime temps in the teens, so legwarmers would be good for an outside walk now, but I don't knit so fast that I can do one in a day! I do have another pair, though, which were a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, how I wish I knew how to knit! It looks like a wonderful winter project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, I wish I could teach you! But ask around, if you think you have to time to learn it. There must be someone who can get you going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look soooo warm. and on a day like today, i want warmth! i really like the color too. anytime you want to come knit with us at night, i can pick you up! the more the merrier, as they say....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love these, Lisa. :) So cozy.

    ReplyDelete