Saturday, December 11, 2010

3 nice girls

                               
Last night I went with my co-workers to a local restaurant for a little Christmas dinner. They make gourmet style pizza, which we all love. And as I was going out, passing by a table with three young women around 20-ish, one of them stopped me and asked if we were teachers.  I said, No - we work in such and such library - why?

I forget exactly what else I said to her, but I was wondering how we appeared to them. Ten middle-aged women, all getting along with each other, laughing about some things, yawning a bit near the end. But no, the three were looking at me with interest; it was a very pleasant, if short, interchange. They were curious about us - we appealed to them in some way - they had lovely, open faces - looked me in the eye. They were such a contrast to the usual encounters we have with young people, plugged into a cell phone or personal music.  They were interested in a group of women, mostly in their 40s and 50s.

 God bless them! May their curiosity about their fellow man always stay alive.


                                    
                                                                         

1 comment: