Sunday, November 28, 2010

inhabit-ing Advent

Advent is the perfect time to practice {inhabit}ing - it's all about making room in our hearts, in our busy lives, in order that a holy child is able to be born again there, with room to grow; to be comfortable there.  It's an opportunity to practice at developing an ability for contemplation inside, even with all that must go on in our lives and homes at this time of year.

I've never been pregnant, but many women seem to be in that frame of mind when they're waiting to have their baby, when they want to try and maintain an aura of quiet and do quiet things.  Is "nesting" what I'm thinking of? Advent is a time for "spiritual" nesting. 

Time to make room for that Baby.

by Geertgen Tot Sint Jans
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
                                                                         

3 comments:

  1. I always feel a drawing in as we get closer to Christmas and I try to keep 'peace on earth and good will to men' in my home for my family despite the hustle and bustle that accompnay's the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But not so easy, Yiota - it's always a struggle for me. And I don't even have children, like Kathryn (appledapple), who has 9! God bless her!

    This {inhabit} thread will be a big help to me, I'm hoping. :)

    ReplyDelete