Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a birthday, and some Schoolhouse Gingerbread

Today was my brother's birthday; he's had a bit of a cold, so instead of sugary cake, I made him something we both greatly enjoy, Anna's gingerbread recipe. It's dark, moist and pretty healthy - made with canola oil. I was able to do it after work yesterday, not even needing a mixer; I have a strong wire whisk, and that does the trick for this thin-battered cake. 


I'll make him a sweeter cake over the weekend, when some company will come to help us eat it up.
                                                                          

3 comments:

  1. I've still not made Anna's gingerbread although I've made several of her recipes. I LOVE the recipe I use from the Laura Ingalls Wilder cookbook and we love us some gingerbread! Happy Birthday to your brother!

    and, I'm not that ambitious, I just love looking at craft books to get new ideas...I'm inspired, not ambitious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you have a gingerbread recipe you love, why try another?

    As for the subject of inspiration, I'm realizing more and more what that word means...when you're inspired, you take someone else's idea, and go your own way with it, and that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that definition of inspired!

    ReplyDelete