Sunday, November 14, 2010

"always pray and not lose heart"

And He also told them a parable - that they must always pray and not lose heart - saying, "There was a judge in a certain town who did not fear God and did not respect man. Now there was a certain widow in that town, and she kept coming to him, saying, 'Do me justice against my adversary'. And he would not for a long time. But afterwards he said within himself, 'Although I do not fear God, nor even respect man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will do her justice, lest by her continual coming she finally wears me out.'"

And the Lord said, "Hear what the unjust judge says; and will not God avenge his elect, who cry to Him day and night? And will He be slow to act in their case?"

Luke 18: 1-7  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lisa, these are good words to ponder today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, K. - actually, I read that on Saturday night, then was reading from "L'Abri" by Edith Schaeffer, who was telling a wonderful story of how God answered prayer in her own life. I wanted to connect the two readings, but didn't know how to summarize hers in a brief enough way, so I just posted the Bible story.But it made a bigger impression on me to read in two places about God answering prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have L'Abri so I'll look for that, thanks for sharing your inspiraton!

    ReplyDelete